- Hundreds of area adults reimagine their futures in this year’s adult education and adult health careers courses.
- 46 Odyssey of the Mind teams, with an “assist” from BOCES volunteers, showcased creative problem solving in this year’s in-person tourney.
- NERIC Testing & Data Reports team now supports three BOCES regions: 62 districts with 343 viewer licenses.
- 984 learners in 13 districts are being successfully homeschooled this school year, supported by our Home Instruction team.
- 800+ prospective Career & Technical School students attend 2023-24 recruitment events.
- Annual Career Fairs offers 1200+ high school students and more than 100 more adult students a pipeline to post-graduation employment.
- Recently installed sensory pathway at Maywood Academy provides something for all learners.
- Since 2010, $135+ million in grant funding awarded to organizations statewide.
- Congrats Alyssa Teribury, named by NSPRA as one of “35 under 35” public relations professionals making a significant difference for school districts and clients.
- 200,000 e-books opened and 124,000+ hours spent reading through digital services supported by our School Library team.
- Congrats Heavy Equipment Operation, Maintenance & Repair Teacher Matt Millard, recognized with a commitment award for excellence in support of students and the BOCES community.
- 20+ staff and students advocate for BOCES programs and services at the annual lobby day with state legislators.
- $5,000 national award for our Careers in Construction Month efforts helps expand construction program opportunities for learners.
- Dozens of internal trainings—from effective school budget communications to finding, hiring and fostering new team members—expand our professionalism and service.
- 70 staff gained new skills in customer service, artificial intelligence, Microsoft and K-12 education trends workshops during NERIC PD Day.
- 400+ educators up their data security game at RIC One’s annual Data Privacy and Security Service (DPSS) conference.
- 120+ women—from high schoolers interested in careers in the skilled trades to industry pros–celebrated accomplishments and offered inspiration at kick-off to Women in the Trades Month.
- 100+ business, education, state and community partners celebrate CTE Month telling how career and technical education can benefit all.
- Statewide leaders gather to discuss pathways for k-12 student success through dual enrollment opportunities.
- Area legislators discuss “top of mind” topics in education with school superintendents over breakfast prepared by CTE culinary learners.