Preparing students for the real-world and the needs of now
We love to welcome prospective students onto our campuses and into our classrooms for a first-hand look at what makes our Career and Technical School programming so special — it’s great to get to know more about you and learn about your goals and passions.
This recruitment season we’re getting creative about how we show and tell you about all our Career and Technical Schools have to offer. In addition to opportunities for in-person open houses at each of our campuses, we are also bringing the Career and Technical (CTE) experience to you.
Here you can explore our 40+ career-focused programs, take a guided tour of our schools, hear from current students about the programs they’re passionate about, learn from industry representatives why a Career and Technical School education is a smart investment in your future, and more!
We will offer in-person open houses, by appointment, this winter at each of our Career and Technical School campuses. Please call to schedule a time to visit campus on these days:
Jan. 26, 2021, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Center for Advanced Technology at Mohonasen, 518-356-8461
Jan. 27, 2021, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Albany Campus, 518-862-4816
Jan. 28, 2021, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Schoharie Campus, 518-295-3000
Need to schedule a different time to visit? Please call the above listed numbers for each campus.
For your health and safety and that of our teachers and staff:
- Each person visiting our schools will be required to complete our COVID-19 health screening form before arriving on campus.
- Face coverings are required for all visitors to our campuses.
- To minimize the number of people on campus during on-site visits, enrolled students will be learning remotely (off-campus) on these days.
Virtual Video Tours/Virtual Career and Technical School Open House Events
Not able to visit in person? This February 2021, we will offer video tours of each of our Career and Technical School campuses, with a look at the learning happening there, as well as virtual open house events.
Schoharie Campus — Feb. 2, 2021
If calling into these meetings, dial 646-992-2010, followed by the access code listed for each course below.
- Cosmetology, Teacher Nancy Schmidt, https://neric.webex.com/meet/nschmidt (phone access code 470 174 574)
- Criminal Justice, Teacher Jerry Place, https://neric.webex.com/meet/gplace (phone access code 472 464 456)
- Culinary Arts, Teacher Chris Snye, https://neric.webex.com/meet/csnye (phone access code 731 930 280)
- Heavy Equipment/Residential and Commercial Construction, Teachers Matt Millard and David Doherty, https://neric.webex.com/meet/mmillard (phone access code 476 611 585)
- Telecommunications and Network Cabling, Teacher Ed Henson, https://neric.webex.com/meet/ehenson (phone access code 475 282 802)
- Automotive Technology, Teacher Randy Barber, https://neric.webex.com/meet/rbarber (phone access code 477 774 199)
- Two-Year Sequence of Health Careers – HHA/PCA/DSP & Certified Nurse Assistant, Teacher Margie Wickerham, https://neric.webex.com/meet/mwickerham (phone access code 473 988 798)
Center for Advanced Technology — Feb. 3, 2021
If calling into these meetings, dial 1-646-992-2010 followed by the access code listed for each course below.
- Welding, Teacher Chris Panny and TA Brad Westcott, http://neric.webex.com/meet/cpanny (phone access code: 474 459 483)
- Machining and Manufacturing, Teacher Charlene Vice and TA Susan Pieniazek, http://neric.webex.com/meet/cvice (phone access code 478 475 381)
- Video Game Design I, Teachers Astra Wijaya, Patricia Gallant and TA Catherine Jakway, https://neric.webex.com/meet/awijaya (phone access code 477 938 502)
- Video Game Design II, Teacher Darryl Nunn, https://neric.webex.com/meet/dnunn (phone access code 476 927 561)
- Sterile Processing Technology, Teacher Jeff Landry, https://neric.webex.com/meet/jlandry (phone access code 478 588 252)
New Visions: Health Careers Virtual Open House, Jan. 20
High school students interested in an in-depth, honors-level study program that immerses them in careers in medicine during their senior year are encouraged to attend a virtual open house for our New Visions: Health Careers program on Jan. 20, 2021 from 6 – 7 p.m. This event will be held via Google Meet at meet.google.com/utu-hchy-hrq or call in by phone 1-724-418-4479 (PIN: 491061236).
Explore Our Programs
Our students work with industry experts, earn valuable professional certifications and graduate ready to launch a career.
Expanded Opportunities for Learning in 2021-22
- Students in our Electrical Trades program learn basic electrical skills and cutting edge of 21st-century green technologies—preparing them for the in-demand field of electrical trades. This course will be offered on both our Albany and Schoharie campuses beginning in the 2021-22 school year.
- Students in our Network Cabling Technician/Smart Home Technology program earn the skills and certifications needed for this growing tech career. In the 2021-22 school year, this program will be moving to the Albany Campus to better meet the needs of our students and education partners.
Career and Technical School: Do More, Expect More, Be More
Check out this video to learn from our students and business and education partners about the Career and Technical School experience and learn what’s new for the 2021-22 school year: