High-Quality Remote Instruction for Students in Grades K-12
Are you a school district representative interested in learning more about having your students participate with the Cooperative Virtual Learning Academy (CVLA)? Visit the NERIC website for service information.
The virtual school is open to students in kindergarten through sixth grade from participating school districts. The school will operate on a trimester schedule and follow the Capital Region BOCES calendar for the 2021-22 school year.
Teaching, Learning and Home School District Support
- Students will be taught by New York state-certified and highly qualified teachers from participating school districts.
- Curriculum and instruction will be coordinated with participating school districts, aligned with the New York State Learning Standards.
- The student’s home school district will provide devices, technology support and any additional services to meet student needs, such as special education and related supports.
What to Expect During the School Day
- Daily instruction will occur in a high-quality combination of synchronous and asynchronous modalities throughout the school day. School Schedule | School Calendar
- Teachers will make personal connections with all students during scheduled class times via Google Meet. During these connections, teachers will take attendance and introduce new content or skills. Students will connect with their teachers and peers, ask questions, and maintain personal relationships. Virtual Learning Guidelines and Expectations
- Teachers may use non-instructional time to provide additional assistance to students during the school day at their discretion.
The Secondary School is open to students in grades seven through twelve. Through the regional Distance Learning (DL) program, an established regional distance learning community coordinated through the Northeastern Regional Information Center (NERIC), students will attend classes remotely with teachers from around the region. Learn more about our CVLA Secondary School.
Resources for Parents and Guardians
Instructional platforms including Essential Ed, Seesaw, Google Classroom/Meet and SchoolTool will be in use at the CVLA. It is our goal to help caregivers and families understand how these platforms work, and how their students will be learning. Parent/Guardian Seesaw-specific Resources
Social and emotional learning (SEL) gives children the tools they need to feel more safe, secure and confident. This helps them grow, mature and become more successful in school and their daily lives. Resources to support the physical and mental health, behavioral and emotional needs of students.