The Capital Region BOCES Engagement & Development Services provide customized communications and public relations support to public school districts, BOCES and professional associations across New York. Our award-winning team of PR professionals brings 33 years of school public relations experience and advice to ensure our clients successfully inform and engage with their communities. We aim to define, create, implement and evaluate communications strategies that build credibility and strengthen trust with our clients’ various audiences. Our five guiding commitments of Service, Value, Excellence, Improvement and Leadership support our organization’s mission and purpose.
What you will do:
Our digital content specialists regularly team with our communications specialists to write and edit strategic, clear, creative and clean digital copy in a fast-paced environment, including requesting and integrating content submissions and ideas from collaborators across your client school district(s) and/or BOCES.
You’ll do this by:
• Planning, creating and posting original, engaging content that aligns with district goals across all client social media channels. This may include Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn and YouTube.
• Maintaining content, monitoring performance, and helping develop strategies on digital media channels, including web platforms, that align with client goals. Produce reports on analytics across all digital platforms.
• Checking social accounts daily for alerts and mentions, responding accordingly.
• Connecting followers with appropriate staff with courteous, informed, professional engagement, when needed.
• Using project management software to coordinate with other team members on multi-faceted projects and collaborate to meet client needs.
Why this is a great job:
You will make a difference! As a digital content specialist serving school districts and/or BOCES and professional associations, you will be supported by a team of colleagues working in similar capacities around the region and state.
Your closest team will be a small group of communications specialists and digital content specialists led by your communications manager. You will routinely collaborate with these colleagues, and the larger team, to support other clients and accomplish regional and statewide communications projects and initiatives.
Our shared service model provides our clients with a depth and breadth of communications expertise that no single public relations professional could provide alone.
Along with making a difference, you will receive:
● Access to a platinum level, co-pay based health insurance; Individual or Family options available and BOCES pays 77% of the premium.
● Support and resources for high-quality professional development opportunities.
● Assignment-based telework opportunities.
● Extremely generous paid time off, including 14 paid holidays, four weeks of vacation and an annual bank of sick/personal time.
● Membership in a public, pension-based retirement system.
What you bring to our team:
● College degree with 2 to 4 years of experience in broadcast journalism, digital media/content management, public relations and/or digital communications.
● Ability to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic and tactful manner.
● Ability to plan, schedule and organize tasks to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
● Proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions and following through with implementing resolutions.
● Ability to personally provide a high level of service to others, including building relationships and identifying needs and opportunities.
● Proficiency in managing social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn and YouTube. Knowledge of WordPress preferred. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere Pro, Spark and Photoshop, and Canva.
● Highly motivated individual capable of being a team player with a desire to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues, superiors and external publics.
Where you can apply:
To apply, simply register in our online application system by clicking the link below. Once you create your profile, be sure to submit your official application to Vacancy Number 2023-81A7, 2023-145A5, 2023-179A4. Qualified submissions will be considered for all available vacancies. As a public employer, we fall under the jurisdiction of Albany County Civil Service. This terrific opportunity would be a provisional appointment under the title “Digital Content Specialist (BOCES)”.
For more details on this role contact:
Debi Colwell, Recruitment & Retention Specialist at 518-862-4908 or by email at email@example.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we invite you to view our policy, go to our website at https://www.capitalregionboces.org/employment/