Relevant CTE Program:
Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
• Our Equipment Mechanic is responsible for the overall maintenance and diagnostics of our fleet of heavy construction equipment.
• This position ensures all procedures and records are kept regarding maintenance, up-keep, repairs, and overall fleet maintenance.
• This person will direct the day-to-day coordination with field staff to ensure crew efficiencies are maintained. This person will
• document all work performed on company data logs and keep inventory of maintenance supplies (oil, filters, conditioners etc.).
• Candidates must be able to plan and schedule routine maintenance on multiple pieces of equipment and track their whereabouts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Inspect, diagnose, and repair of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic problems on heavy equipment including
• loaders, excavators, bulldozers, cranes, forklifts, heavy duty trucks, street sweeper, diesel powered generators, and other heavy
• duty equipment.
• Overhaul, repair, and adjust Caterpillar, Kobelco, Kubota, Cummins, and John Deere engines, transmissions, differentials,
• clutches, final drives, steering and suspension systems, air and hydraulic brakes, drive lines and all types of hydraulic and
• pneumatic components such as pumps, valves, and cylinders.
• Service heavy equipment in accordance with preventative maintenance schedules.
• Troubleshoot and repair computerized and electronic control systems using diagnostic equipment.
• Perform welding repairs and fabrication.
• Sheetmetal work.
• Perform tire changes and tire repairs on heavy equipment.
• Assist with repairs of automobiles and pickup trucks.
• Operate all shop tools and equipment for repairing and/or fabricating parts.
• Small engine diagnostic and repair.
• Keep maintenance shop work areas and tools clean, organized, and in good working order.
• Mobilize and demobilize equipment with a tractor trailer as a backup to our main driver.
• Perform regular and preventative maintenance on all pieces of equipment.
• Conduct thorough equipment inspections and accurately document repairs.
• Maintain work orders and service schedules.
Jersen Construction Group, LLC
Please visit our webpage, www.jersen.com and go to our tab labelled “Join our Team” and upload your resume, email your resume
in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax your resume to 518-233-1215, Attn: HR Department.
(If contact information not included send to company website)
• Clean Class A Drivers’ License
• Knowledge of the standard practices and procedures, theories of operation, materials, tools, and equipment used in the
• troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of heavy equipment, including diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions, hydraulics,
• and all systems/components of equipment.
• Procedures related to the repair of diesel and gasoline fuel systems and hydraulic systems.
• Good understanding of DC electrical systems, and computer/electronic controls.
• A toolbox with tools specific to the tasks to be performed.
• Able to use a computer and Microsoft windows for equipment maintenance logs and invoice approvals.
• Ensure adherence to company safety policies.
• Be able to lift a minimum of 60 pounds consistently and stand for long periods of time.
• Able to work in tight spaces for prolonged periods.
• Welding in all positions.
• Knowledge of electrical components and systems.
• Interact with the public in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner.
• Work with co-workers, outside agencies, and vendors in a professional manner.
Certification Or Education Required:
• Minimum 5 years of experience maintaining and servicing heavy diesel equipment.
• The ability to read, understand, and follow detailed service manuals; and interpret schematics, electrical, hydraulic, and other
• types of schematics of flow charts.
• Welding skills in stick, mig, and gas welding in all positions. Experience with cutting torches and plasma cutter. Major and minor
• welding fabrications and repairs.
• Ability to use a laptop and company designated software on a regular basis for invoice approvals and records.
$35-50/ hour, commensurate with experience
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance (Voluntary)
• Vision Insurance (Voluntary)
• Supplemental Insurances (Voluntary)
• 401(k) with Match
• Profit Sharing
• Performance Based Bonuses
• Company Service Vehicle
• Gas/Cell Phone Allowances
Full Time or Part Time: