The following message was sent to parents/guardians on Thursday, Sept. 14.
We’re excited to announce a significant change in our communication systems at Capital Region BOCES schools. Beginning this school year, we’re shifting from using Blackboard for non-emergency communication to ParentSquare, a comprehensive platform designed to improve communication between the school and home. Some of you may have already experienced this change as part of our early users group last year, so this might not be entirely new information.
Please note that emergency communication, such as school closures, will continue to be sent through Blackboard.
Step one: Register
You can register by using the QR code below or clicking on the link contained in the welcome email from ParentSquare.
Step two: Download the app onto your device
For Apple devices:
Download the ParentSquare app onto your Apple device at this link or by using the QR code below.
For Android devices:
Download the ParentSquare app onto your Android device at this link or by using the QR code below.
We’ve selected ParentSquare to make our communication more efficient, ensuring that you stay well-informed and actively involved in your child’s education. This advanced platform creates a secure space for the school principal, teachers, staff, parents, and guardians to share information, collaborate, and take part in school activities.
- Seamless exchange of information: With ParentSquare, our schools can effortlessly send district-wide, school-specific, and even class-specific updates to parents, guardians, and families. You’ll receive these updates through email, voice messages, text messages, and app notifications.
- Media sharing: Now, your child’s school can securely share photos and files with the school community through ParentSquare. This feature allows us to celebrate achievements, distribute important documents, and foster a sense of unity.
- Plus, much more: ParentSquare offers a wide array of additional features and capabilities, all conveniently accessible from one central location. We encourage you to explore the platform to discover its full potential.
If you have any questions or need assistance, you can find help in the “Help & Support” section. You can access it by clicking on the question mark icon located in the top right corner of the ParentSquare webpage. This section provides answers to frequently asked questions and offers guidance on using the platform effectively
- Getting started video (You must be signed in to ParentSquare to view)
- How to get started (PDF)
- Tips for Parents (PDF)
- Frequently asked questions about ParentSquare
We genuinely believe that ParentSquare will greatly enhance our school-to-home communication and strengthen our partnership in supporting your child’s education. We encourage you to embrace this new system, as it will undoubtedly facilitate a more connected and engaged school community.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to embarking on this exciting journey!