Get One-On-One Legal Support When You Need It Most
School districts must address complex legal issues daily.
Our team of legal experts has collectively practiced in prek-12 education for decades. We have the knowledge, experience and support you need to follow state/federal laws and regulations and to help you avoid costly litigation. Whether you need advice on legal and policy matters, researching legal issues, or navigating a legal situation, we can help.
Our service model provides you with access to a shared general counsel who will work closely with your superintendent, administrative team and school board on various legal issues. This individual is backed by a team of well-seasoned attorneys and educational experts so you can have peace of mind that your best interests are at the forefront.
Legal Services are available pursuant to an Intermunicipal Agreement between our BOCES and your organization. Our hourly rates will help you save resources on what matters most—your students.
Additional supports are available through our Labor Relations and Human Resources and Personnel services, which offer BOCES aid to reduce your costs further.
Contact us today to gain the benefits of a team of education law experts at a price you can afford.
Participating organizations can expect help in the following ways:
- Acting legal advisor in all areas affecting your school district: governance and elections, employment, special and general education, operations, construction, etc.
- Preparation, review and approval of legal documents, petitions or affidavits in connection with various hearings and proceedings
- Representation before regulatory and legislative bodies or in matters of litigation in courts of law
- Contract negotiations in areas of municipal and education law
- Participation in the settlement and negotiations of various litigated matters or conducting bargaining unit negotiations
- Oversight on matters represented by private legal counsel
- Support from an informed team on legal developments
What to Expect
- Legal Expertise – Our attorneys have collectively practiced in prek-12 education for decades and stand ready to provide consultation, advice, and support in a broad range of legal issues.
- Effective and Responsive Support – Get one-on-one legal support when you need it most.
- Savings – Our hourly rates will help you save resources for what matters most, your students.
How it Works
- Contact Us – By listening to your needs, we can begin to help you navigate complex legal issues.
- Get Started – Pursuant to an inter-municipal agreement, we will work alongside your administrative team and school board to meet your needs with accurate legal knowledge and expertise.
- See Results – Save time, money and resources while we handle a myriad of legal issues on your behalf.