Relevant CTE Program:
The Utility position learns a specific job/machine in the plant and learns other machines when applicable to assist in different areas of the plant if needed. If a spot is needed to be filled while a person is on break, lunch, call off, etc. an individual in this position who knows that machine or position, can assist with the task.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Be trained on a machine/job in the facility when hired.
2. May go and train on a different machine/job to become familiar with operations.
3. Go to a spot in the facility that is short-handed with proper knowledge of job tasks.
4. Help for the time being or for the day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All employees are required to have plant general duties such as sweeping, picking up and moving debris, sorting, and stacking supplies, and other various duties.
Cascades Containerboard Packaging- Schenectady
Send resume to:
Jim Jocye, SPHR
1. Physical/manual requirement.
2. Teamwork Orientation.
3. Time Management.
4. Performance Management.
5. Results Driven.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to machine noises and airborne particles, which require employees to wear personal protective equipment, including a company provided mask, eyewear, and ear plugs. Employees must have their own steel-toe boots.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must be able to stand for 12-hour shifts. They must be able to perform repetitive tasks which may also occasionally require the employee to climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, or crouch, and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Certification Or Education Required:
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED is preferred.
2. Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing-related experience preferred.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Training in general safety, electrostatic discharge awareness, foreign object damage awareness and quality system awareness.
• OSHA training.
This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week. Mandatory overtime of either 10- or 12-hour shift when needed, including Saturdays and Sundays.
Full Time or Part Time: