Relevant CTE Program:
Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
Callanan Industries Inc., a CRH Company, is a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services in New York State. We provide a complete range of high-quality aggregates, asphalt, ready-mix concrete products, and construction paving services to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers. Callanan has been in business since 1883 and would not have such a long and successful track record were it not for our employees. We consider our employees our greatest strength, and we constantly strive to improve as an employer. We live by the saying, “We Make Safety Our Family Business.” Safety is a core value, and employees support one another to promote a culture of safety throughout the company.
Job Description Summary
We are looking for Mechanic Interns for the Summer of 2024. Our paid internship program provides a rich and rewarding hands-on learning experience and the opportunity to make a contribution to our organization. Our interns work under the close direction of an experienced supervisor/manager. Mechanic interns work in our shops and learn how to do minor repairs and maintenance on heavy construction equipment.
Callanan Industries, Inc.
• Qualified student enrolled in one of the following degrees or related programs: Auto Mechanics, Heavy Equipment Mechanics
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to build partnerships and to work with others to meet shared objectives
• Demonstrate strong communication skills
• Ability to create new and better ways for the organization to be successful
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable
• Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
• Drug screening is required before being employed by Callanan Industries, Inc.
Certification Or Education Required:
High School / Tech School Student
Full Time or Part Time: