Relevant CTE Program:
Sanders Fire & Safety is located in Mechanicville, NY and is an
industry leader in the design, installation, and maintenance of low
voltage systems. Established in 1933, SFS has fostered and continues
to develop its reputation as an innovative technology leader and full-service provider for customers throughout upstate New York and
Metro NY areas. Our integrated alarm solutions include video
surveillance, access control, emergency communications, intrusion
alarm, fire alarm, central monitoring, and room integrity services.
Job Description: Performing installation /service and maintenance fire alarm, fire
suppression systems, emergency call, and access control systems. In
addition, security solutions within the IP video /CCTV, emergency
communication, and intrusion alarm arenas at various client
The Systems Technician will:
• Have knowledge of current State/National Fire and Electrical
• Have database management skills /computer literate. • Work
with blueprints, take offs and as-builts.
• Install cabling, security, fire alarm, fire suppression system
components and perform final connections.
• Display strong troubleshooting and problem- solving
• Program IP video/CCTV, access control, intrusion, fire alarm,
suppression, and other security system solutions.
Sanders Fire & Safety
Systems Technician Requirements:
• Must submit and pass a drug screening
• Possess a valid driver’s license and a maintain a good driving record
• Occasionally lift an 80 lb. extension ladder
• Able to work 15 to 25 feet above ground
• Familiar with and able to effectively use hand and power tools
• Flexibility to work overtime, rotational on-call, and travel overnight as needed
• Ability & desire to learn about our products and services
Our ideal Systems Technician will have 2+ years of hands-on electrical and or mechanical experience and be highly motivated with an eye towards quality. NICET Certification is a PLUS.
Our candidate will be well organized with good written and oral communication skills and be able to work independently.
If you are looking to join a dynamic and professional team then we would like to meet you!
Sanders Fire & Safety is an equal opportunity employer
Certification Or Education Required:
High School or Equivalent (preferred)
Driver’s license (preferred)
We offer an excellent benefit package including health care, paid vacation, and a 401K and profit-sharing plan.
8-hour shift | M-F | On-call | Overtime
Full Time or Part Time: