Relevant CTE Program:
Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
Ryder works behind the scenes managing critical supply chain, transportation, and fleet functions that keep over 50,000 customers goods moving.
When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
To learn more visit: https://www.ryder.com/en-us/about-us
Entry Level Technician I
The Tech I position is an entry-level mechanic position which will allow opportunities to train in Tech II responsibilities. The Tech I will do general brake, lube and tire repairs, assist Technicians in PM’s and other maintenance activities. This is a training position to prepare the candidate for a Tech II position.
The incumbent will be required to work/train with an assigned trainer &/or mentor (a successful Senior Level Technician). Training will include Heating and Air, brakes, tires, Preventive Maintenance (PM’s), transmission/clutch, refrigeration, compliance with EPA and Safety Procedures, administrative/systems processes, assisting and performing other duties/ training as assigned per the supervisor/manager.
ongoing until positions are filled
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Be able to read codes and instructions on the computer
• Be able to document repairs on the computer
• Have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
• Have a Valid Driver’s License and the ability to meet Ryder’s driving qualifications
• Trainee to 1 year light mechanical repair experience
• Mechanical aptitude assessment is required with the ability to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays and in different locations
Certification Or Education Required:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
Ability to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays and in different locations
Full Time or Part Time: