Substitute Teacher for Capital Region BOCES classes and/or in area schools
Varies based on location
Varies, based on assignment.
- Proof of 60 college credits, an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or license or certification, depending on the school district.
- Proof of identity and employment eligibility.
- Full OSPRA fingerprint clearance in accordance with The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
- The ability to get along with adults and students.
- The ability to follow direction and lesson plans.
- The ability to employ classroom management for a safe, respectful environment.
- Transportation to schools.
- A touch tone telephone or access to the Internet.
The selected applicant must complete the Hazard Communication/Right-To-Know training within 60 days of district approval to remain eligible to substitute teach. To fulfill this requirement, you must attend a 45-minute training at our office or through another New York school district.
Expectations for all substitutes – honor your job commitments, dress appropriately, flexibility, and confidentiality.
Varies based on assignment.
Varies, based on location.
Schedule an appointment by calling 518-464-5127 between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. weekdays.
Please be patient; it generally takes up to two weeks to get an appointment, which will include an interview, application review and orientation.
In the meantime, download, complete and bring all required paperwork to your appointment. Materials will not be accepted by mail.
Further Information Contact:
Thomas Baumgartner, Ed.D
Assistant Director for Management Services
900 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Albany, NY 12205