Substitute Teacher for Capital Region BOCES classes and/or in area schools
Varies based on location
Varies, based on assignment.
- Proof of 60 college credits, an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or license or certification, depending on the school district.
- Proof of identity and employment eligibility.
- Full OSPRA fingerprint clearance in accordance with The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
- The ability to get along with adults and students.
- The ability to follow direction and lesson plans.
- The ability to employ classroom management for a safe, respectful environment.
- Transportation to schools.
- A touch tone telephone or access to the Internet.
The selected applicant must complete the Hazard Communication/Right-To-Know training within 60 days of district approval to remain eligible to substitute teach. To fulfill this requirement, you must attend a 45-minute training at our office or through another New York school district.
Expectations for all substitutes – honor your job commitments, dress appropriately, flexibility, and confidentiality.
Varies based on assignment.
Varies, based on location.
Further Information Contact: