Interested in a career with room for growth and the potential for excellent compensation? Consider becoming an Adult Practical Nurse (APN).
One of the fastest growing and highest demand jobs in the nation, nursing is a career with many rewards for ambitious men and women looking for a challenge.
The New York state-approved APN program encompasses 1,100 hours of classroom and clinical study and practice.
Students who complete the program are prepared to take the National Council Licensure Examination and apply to become a New York state Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
Full-Time and Part-Time Programs Available
- 10 months, September through June of the following year
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- 18 months, January through June of the following year
- January – April (first four months), Monday through Thursday, 3 – 7 p.m.
- May – June of the following year (14 months), Monday and Wednesday, 3 – 7 p.m., Tuesday, 3 – 10:30 p.m.
- Adirondack Community College
- Albany County Nursing Home
- Baptist Health Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Ellis Hospital
- St. Peter’s School of Nursing
- Schenectady Center
- Teresian House
Credits earned through our Adult Practical Nursing (APN) program will be recognized when earning an advanced degree at these area schools:
- Ellis Medicine, Belanger School of Nursing
- Maria College
- New York State LPN-to-RN Articulation Model
- Samaritan School of Nursing
- Memorial School of Nursing
- Excelsior College