Please note that this information may change depending on the circumstances. The most up-to-date information and updates will shared with students and their families/guardians using our Blackboard email, text and phone notification system, through local media outlets and on the home page of this site.
Please be sure your contact information is up-to-date. To make any changes, please contact the building principal or Chris Sikora at 518-464-6318.
In the event of inclement weather, students should follow school closing information provided by their home school districts. A student’s home school district determines whether or not to transport students, dismiss early or close their campus.
Adult education classes are cancelled if the Capital Region BOCES Career & Technical School is closed, so please stay tuned to the news media for an announcement.
Career & Technical School Campuses
Students will not be required to attend classes in-person or virtually on snow days.
- The Albany campus follows South Colonie Schools
- The Schoharie campus follows Schoharie Schools
- The Center for Advanced Technology follows Mohonasen schools
Capital Region P-TECH
P-TECH students will be required to virtually attend college classes on snow days. Students will also have access to their P-TECH teachers during scheduled office hours on these days.
When Mohonasen and/or Watervliet schools are closed or delayed due to inclement weather, the P-TECH program classes based in these districts, East Campus (Watervliet) and West Campus (Mohonasen), will also be closed or delayed.
Special Education Schools
Airline Drive, Maywood School and elementary and middle school-age students attending programs in host school districts will not be required to attend classes in-person or virtually on snow days. Please see details about virtual learning for high school-age students attending programs in host school districts (below).
- Airline Drive Academy follows South Colonie Central Schools
- Maywood follows South Colonie Central Schools
- District-Based Special Education programs:
- Elementary and middle school-age students who are enrolled in a special education program based in a host school district will not be required to attend classes in-person or virtually on snow days.
- High school-age students. On days when a host school district announces a virtual snow day, students who have been provided with a device for learning will be required to virtually attend classes. Your child can expect to receive instruction from their teachers on these days.
In the event of inclement weather, please call your home school district if you have questions about whether or not they will be transporting students to and from their Special Education program.
What About Delays?
When the South Colonie Central School District is delayed by two hours:
- Albany Career & Tech AM ONLY classes are cancelled (PM classes are held as scheduled).
When the Schoharie Central School District is delayed by two hours:
- Schoharie Career & Tech AM ONLY classes are cancelled (PM classes are held as scheduled).