Our quarterly reports offer an at-a-glance look at work underway through the lens of our Commitments of Service, Value, Excellence, Improvement and Leadership. We share this reports internally, as well as eternally with our stakeholders and partners.
October 2021 Quarterly Commitment Report
- 180 special education students learned in-person with 100+ faculty/staff in our summer extended school year program.
- Board member John Bergeron honored with the dedication of our Airline Drive Academy for 45 years of volunteer service.
- 41 districts supported by our occupational health and safety team, ensuring a safe start to school.
- 800+ students earned course credits at our three Regional Summer School sites.
- 60+ cosmetology and health careers students practiced on campus this summer, ensuring success with exams, licensing and certification.
- 1,440 unique users borrowed 8,631 ebooks and audiobooks through the School Library Service virtual lending library.
- 56 grant awards equaling $5 million+ secured for school by our Grant Service since the start of 2021
- 300+ businesses expand students’ career options with work-based learning, internships and more.
- 120 adult practical nursing graduates will continue on to health-related careers or further education.
- SLL BOCES and 15 of its school districts now among 80 clients supported by our Communication Service.
- 5 employees recognized for going the “Extra Mile” by making significant positive contributions to the BOCES community.
- 170+ adult learners earned High School Equivalency and English as a Second Language credentials.
- 100 educators learned about fostering a culture of care and supporting students’ social/emotional health during summer event.
- Construction remains on track for a September 2022 opening of our new career and technical and special education schools.
- 130+ professional development offerings made available to educators this quarter for a successful reopening of school.
- 56 school leaders shared ways to use technology to enhance teaching and learning at a NERIC retreat.
- 22 area students were introduced to coding, robotics and more at our annual STEM Camp in partnership with Regeneron and Questar III.
- New service offers school librarians mentorship and support to meet their professional goals.
- 383 K-12 students began learning remotely in our new virtual school – the Cooperative Virtual Learning Academy.
- 18- to 21-year olds gaining greater independence, life, job and career skills through a new special education program.