Administrators and teachers can receive timely professional learning to help develop understanding of and shift instruction to meet the state’s new science learning standards.
Professional learning is available to support:
- New York State Science Learning Standards (NYSSLS)
- Models of three-dimensional learning
- Science and engineering practices
- Literacy practices for science content
- Performance-based assessments
- Evaluation of curriculum and resources aligned to the new standards
The standards were adopted by the Board of Regents in December 2016, and implementation will occur over a number of years.