This service provides shared bus maintenance for school districts that meets the regulations of the New York State Departments of Education and Transportation.
Districts can anticipate cost savings from efficiencies, shared expertise and the effective use of transportation funds.
- Mechanics will be BOCES employees.
- The program will be staffed with a head mechanic who will supervise the other mechanics, do job scheduling, inventory control, parts ordering etc.
- Mechanics will be employed to carry out the maintenance tasks.
- All normal preventative maintenance, such as monthly and 10,000 mile inspections and body or mechanical repair, will be conducted.
- BOCES staff will be responsible for the managing and evaluating the staff of the bus maintenance services of the participating schools.