Level: High School
Recommended Ratio: 6:1:2 and 8:1:2
This program is designed for students:
- with significant cognitive disabilities.
- who demonstrate difficulty in self-regulation and behavior management.
- with delays in speech and language, motor development, and social emotional development.
- who may be eligible for the New York State Alternate Assessment (NYSAA), local diploma and/or the CDOS Credential.
- who demonstrate moderate difficulty in self-regulation and behavior management.
- who demonstrate difficulty and significant delays in self-care and daily living skills.
- who have significant difficulty generalizing skills from one setting to another.
- who benefit from a highly structured classroom environment with a classroom management plan based on positive behavioral strategies.
- who benefit from recommended related services both in the classroom and in work-based learning opportunities.
- who require explicit instruction in pro-social skills, pre-vocational and vocational skills training.
- who benefit from functional skills training and Explicit Systematic Instruction in Adaptive Daily Living Skills (ADL).