Per New York State Education Department CoSer guidelines, general staff development services to districts require that BOCES’ establish a base-fee structure and that a district subscribe to the base service before a district can receive aid on staff development services. The fee is determined by the number of students in the district.
Activities and benefits included in the base service are as follows:
- Aid for district staff attendance in shared district workshops.
- Aid for in-district staff training/consultation by BOCES employees.
- Aid for substitute teachers for participants attending half or full day training.
- Aid for cooperative curriculum development projects involving at least two districts.
- Successive sharing of consultants in district after shared activity.
- Aid for Inquiry Based Data Driven Professional Development.
Any service that has a CoSer activity code of 6211 is eligible for aid if the district subscribes to the base service.