The Communications Service can help support districts’ digital accessibility efforts to improve their compliance with the federal Section 508 standards and the ADA. Our work aligns with the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level A/AA.
Available services include:
- Presentations about school’s digital accessibility obligations, why accessibility matters and how to change workplace culture to support accessibility efforts.
- Staff training in making documents accessible (PDF and Office documents).
- Remediation of inaccessible documents.
- Creation of accessible document templates for future use.
- Remediation of inaccessible HTML-based content (depending on platform).