Level: Elementary, Middle, and High School (center or district-based programs)
Recommended Ratio: Elementary, Middle, and High School 8:1:2
This program is designed for students:
- with significant chronic medical conditions.
- who have significant cognitive delays.
- with multiple disabilities.
- with significant delays in speech and language, motor development, and social emotional development.
- who are eligible for the New York State Alternate Assessment (NYSAA).
- who demonstrate mild to moderate difficulty in self-regulation and in behavior management.
- who demonstrate difficulty and significant delays in self-care and daily living skills.
- who have significant difficulty generalizing skills from one setting to another.
- who may need counseling to help them cope with chronic medical conditions.