Relevant CTE Program:
We are a Rensselaer County-based human service agency that provides a wide range of services to meet the otherwise unmet needs of people in our community who are hurting and struggling. We assist those who are living in poverty, adults living with mental illness or HIV/AIDS, victims of domestic violence, and children with developmental delays. We work to achieve social justice in our community and to create a better understanding of those we serve.
If you enjoy cooking for others, please share your passion and cook for Unity House of Troy’s Food and Nutrition program.
Unity House of Troy
until position is filled
Link to Apply: https://tinyurl.com/yc3j97nk
Please call 518-274-2633 EXT. # 4117 with any questions you may have.
• Assist with meal planning.
• Assist with cooking meals: breakfast, lunch snacks.
• Prep for all meals and next day.
• Assist with keeping kitchen, appliances and all utensils clean and sanitary.
• Assist other employees and volunteers as needed.
• Assist other locations as needed.
• Promote a culture of inclusion and belonging.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, and lift independently. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Certification Or Education Required:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• A valid New York State Driver’s License.
• Access to a reliable vehicle.
• Must have experience cooking in quantities.
Generous paid time off, paid holidays, medical/dental/vision, retirement contribution, 50% reduction for childcare tuition at A Child’s Place at Unity House, gym and cell phone discounts, tuition reimbursement and of course a sense of working for an agency that supports their employees.
M-F, day shift
Full-time include $1,000 sign-on bonus
Full Time or Part Time: