Through this 500-hour adult education course, you will learn the skills necessary to enter the workforce and the advanced skills sought after by existing welders. The curriculum combines hands-on technical training, supporting classroom lessons in weld theory and online practice modules.
Units of Study
- GTAW orbital welding
- Shielded metal arc (stick) welding
- Gas metal arc (MIG) welding
- Gas tungsten arc welding (TIG)
- Flux cored arc welding
- Pipe welding (stick and TIG)
- Oxy-fuel cutting and plasma cutting
- Occupational orientation
- Safety and health of welders
- Drawing and welding symbol interpretation
- Thermal cutting process
- Manual air carbon arc cutting
Students can also test for and receive OSHA certification, 2G and 3G AWS Tests and DOT certification.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or enroll in a GED program.
- Classes meet Monday through Wednesday from 2:30 to 6:30 p.m.