Study English for Free
If you want to learn or improve your English skills, you’re in the right place.
Go to a class in your community or study at home
Classes are provided to help students improve English speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. Classes are free to students age 21 year or older.
- Call 518-862-4760 to schedule a one-hour registration.
- Go to your scheduled registration session:
- Bring your photo identification and Social Security Card.
- During the session, you’ll receive and complete the required paperwork, including:
- Individual student record form
- Release of Information form
- American with Disabilities Act form
- Student agreement form
- Take an oral English exam, which consists of a series of basic questions in English, such as “Where are you from?” and “What do you like to do in New York?”
- Once the exam is complete, you will select a class to attend based on your needs, the location and time that works best for you.
Additional Supports Available
Do you have additional needs? Wrap-around services are available. This includes employment skills, housing, food assistance, childcare and more.
A distance learning program is available to the more advanced student who is 21 years or older and meets certain requirements.