Capital Region BOCES provides various educational support services to private and independent school districts. Our teams ensure that educational programs are administered, and schools run efficiently and effectively so our students receive a world-class education. Our organization is guided by 5 commitments that support our mission and purpose-Service, Value, Excellence, Improvement and Leadership.
This summer, our Textbooks Service Team is in search of some temporary help! These positions are perfect for college students or educators looking for some meaningful summer work.
What you will do:
As a Textbooks Service Clerk, you will be part of a dedicated team that provides textbooks to private and independent schools in the Capital Region. In your role, you can expect the following:
• Your day will be busy supporting our clients, which includes traveling to schools to collect their textbook inventory from the previous year and maintaining accurate electronic records of the collections. Then, working together with the team to prepare orders and deliveries for the upcoming school year!
• You will be part of a team that works together towards a common goal through teamwork, accuracy and precision.
• You will thrive as part of a busy, collaborative team where one day is not like the next.
Why this is a great job:
You will be busy and feel accomplished! Our summer textbooks team completes a lot of work in a just a couple of months- and they have fun doing it! School districts rely on us to make sure they have everything they need and that they are ready for students in September.
At the end of each day you will leave work with a sense of satisfaction that you made a difference and really helped our schools. Along with great job satisfaction, you will:
• Optional membership in a public, pension-based retirement system.
• Be able to work a full schedule (up to 37 hours a week) at a competitive hourly rate.
• Enjoy a professional, yet relaxed work environment
What you bring to our team:
• Completion of HS diploma/GED
• Strong computer literacy with understanding of organizational techniques
• Familiarity with school districts and education ideal but not required
• Desire to work on your feet, where some lifting may be required and one day is different from the next
• Ability to drive for our company vehicles is desired (company requirements must be met)
• Passion to help others, great customer service skills and a personal drive for continuous learning and a desire to develop your skills
Where you can apply:
To apply, simply register in our online application system by clicking the link below. Once you create your profile, be sure to submit your official application to Vacancy Number [#2020-255]. As a public employer, we fall under the jurisdiction of Albany County Civil Service. This terrific opportunity would be a provisional appointment under the title [Clerk I PT-Textbooks].
Debi Colwell, Recruitment & Retention Specialist at 518-862-4908 or by email at email@example.com.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we invite you to view our policy, go to our website at https://www.capitalregionboces.org/employment/