Capital Region BOCES provides both educational programs and educational support services, including an extensive IT division (NERIC) that serves over 150 school districts locally and statewide. We are preparing students & educators for success and we employ hundreds of individuals who support that mission. Our team ensures that educational programs are administered, and schools run efficiently and effectively so our kids receive a world-class education. They are guided by 5 commitments that support their mission and purpose- Service, Value, Excellence, Improvement and Leadership.
What you will do:
We are seeking an experienced and talented Program Coordinator ll (Administrative Services) to join our dynamic team. As a Program Coordinator ll (Administrative Services), you will play a lead role in administering and maintaining our company’s telecommunication business process. You will be responsible for overseeing the business operation of purchasing, tracking, invoicing, and onboarding telecommunications.
In your role, you can expect the following:
- Coordinating, maintaining and performing the telecommunication purchasing process for the districts we serve.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure the successful execution of E-Rate (Category 1) compliance.
- Coordinating and conducting Telecom mini bids.
- Tracking and maintaining hardware maintenance life cycle.
- Scheduling telecommunication site surveys and start up.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure vendors are utilizing the appropriate state and government contracts for telecommunication and hardware purchases.
- Document processes and procedures.
Why this is a great job:
You will make a difference! You will be working with a close-knit team that is very collaborative. At the end of each day, you will leave your office with a sense of satisfaction that you made a difference and really helped someone do their job better. Along with great job satisfaction, you will receive:
- Platinum level, co-pay-based health insurance program; Individual or Family options available and BOCES pays 77% of the premium.
- Amazing professional development opportunities
- Extremely generous paid time off, including 14 paid holidays, four weeks of vacation and a separate bank of sick/personal time.
- Membership in a public, pension-based retirement system.
What you bring to our team:
College degree (BA) in mathematics, management information systems, computer science, information resources management, information technology, business administration, public administration, education or a closely related field and five (5) years’ experience with software applications, computers and/or peripheral equipment. OR College degree (AS) in mathematics, management information systems, computer science, information resource management, information technology, business administration, public administration, education or a closely related filed and seven (7) years’ experience as stated.
Strong Communication and project management skills
Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high quality work.
Any experience working in school district operations ideal but not required.
Where you can apply:
To apply, simply register in our online application system by clicking the link below. Once you create your profile, be sure to submit your official application to Posting #2024-77 and 2024-96. Qualified submissions will be considered for all available vacancies. As a public employer, we fall under the jurisdiction of Albany County Civil Service. This terrific opportunity would be a provisional appointment under the title, Program Coordinator II-Administrative Services.
Debi Colwell, Recruitment & Retention Specialist at 518-862-4908 or by email at email@example.com.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we invite you to view our policy, go to our website at https://www.capitalregionboces.org/employment/