Capital Region BOCES provides both educational programs and educational support services to school districts locally and statewide. We are preparing students and educators for success and we also employ hundreds of professionals who support that mission through their concentrated services. This includes a team of professionals who place substitute educators into our local component school districts. We are in search of an experienced professional to lead this team. Our organization is guided by 5 commitments that support their mission and purpose- Service, Value, Excellence, Improvement and Leadership.
What you will do:
As the Substitute Service Recruitment Team Manager, you will lead a team of Substitute Coordination Clerks as you recruit new substitutes and work daily to fill the substitute assignments needed by our component districts. In your role, you can expect the following:
• Your day will be busy supporting our clients. Understanding the needs of our districts and utilizing our various systems to support their goals.
• You will be the subject matter expert, working directly with school district administration and staff, to understand their staffing needs and fill their assignments in the most effective and efficient way possible.
• You will use your resources, management and problem-solving skills to lead your team towards efficiency, while maintaining a high level of customer service to both our substitutes and our clients.
Why this is a great job:
You will make a difference! You will be working with a dedicated team working towards the common goal of supporting our clients by growing our substitute registry with a pool of quality educators and assistants that can step in and teach the students in our districts. At the end of each day you will leave your office with a sense of satisfaction that you made a difference and really helped our clients, and students within their districts. Along with great job satisfaction, you will receive:
• Platinum level, co-pay-based health insurance program; Individual or Family options available and BOCES pays 80% of the premium
• Amazing professional development opportunities
• Extremely generous paid time off, including 14 paid holidays, four weeks of vacation and a separate bank of sick/personal time
• Membership in a public, pension based retirement system.
What you bring to our team:
• College Degree with 2 to 6 years of experience in recruitment, staff development or personnel administration
• Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate a team working towards a common goal
• Any experience working with school district operations and educational professionals is ideal but not required
• Passion to help others, great customer service skills and a personal drive for continuous development of your skills and your team
Where you can apply:
To apply, simply register in our online application system by clicking the link below. Once you create your profile, be sure to submit your official application to Vacancy Number [2020-246A2]. As a public employer, we fall under the jurisdiction of Albany County Civil Service. This terrific opportunity would be a provisional appointment under the title [Managing Program Coordinator I-Substitute Coordination Service].
Debi Colwell, Recruitment & Retention Specialist at 518-862-4908 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we invite you to view our policy, go to our website at https://www.capitalregionboces.org/employment/