Capital Region BOCES provides both educational programs and educational support services, including an extensive IT division (NERIC) that serves over 150 school districts locally and statewide. We are preparing students & educators for success and we employ hundreds of individuals who support that mission. Our team ensures that educational programs are administered, and schools run efficiently and effectively so our kids receive a world-class education. They are guided by 5 commitments that support their mission and purpose- Service, Value, Excellence, Improvement and Leadership.
This summer our Northern Adirondack locations are in search of some college students to assist with our various technology initiatives! These positions are perfect for college students looking to get exposure to a professional IT organization.
What you will do:
As a Student Technology Assistant, you will be part of a dedicated team that provides IT support to school districts across New York state. In your role, you can expect the following:
• Your day will be busy supporting our clients, which includes traveling to schools to work on their computers, networks and infrastructure.
• You will get hands on experience from our talented IT staff.
• You will thrive as part of a busy, collaborative team where one day is not like the next.
Why this is a great job:
You will be busy and feel accomplished! When classes are not in session, our team completes a lot of work in a just a couple of months to prepare our districts for the upcoming year. School districts rely on us to update their current technology and implement new technology resources.
At the end of each day you will leave work with a sense of satisfaction that you made a difference and really helped our schools. Along with great job satisfaction, you will:
• Optional membership in a public, pension-based retirement system.
• Be able to work a full schedule (up to 37 hours a week) at a competitive hourly rate.
• Enjoy a professional, yet relaxed work environment
What you bring to our team:
• Completion of HS diploma/GED with enrollment in computer science/IT higher education programs preferred
• Strong computer literacy with understanding of organizational techniques
• Familiarity with school districts and education ideal but not required
• Desire to work on your feet, where some lifting may be required and one day is different from the next
• Passion to help others, great customer service skills and a personal drive for continuous learning and a desire to develop your skills
Where you can apply:
To apply, simply register in our online application system by clicking the link below. Once you create your profile, be sure to submit your official application to Vacancy Number [2020-257]. As a public employer, we fall under the jurisdiction of Albany County Civil Service. This terrific opportunity would be a provisional appointment under the title [Clerk I-PT-North Country].
Debi Colwell, Recruitment & Retention Specialist at 518-862-4908 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we invite you to view our policy, go to our website at https://www.capitalregionboces.org/employment/