Capital Region BOCES provides both educational programs and educational support services, including an extensive IT division (NERIC) that serves over 150 school districts locally and statewide. We are preparing students & educators for success and we employ hundreds of individuals who support that mission. Our team ensures that educational programs are administered, and schools run efficiently and effectively so our kids receive a world-class education. They are guided by 5 commitments that support their mission and purpose- Service, Value, Excellence, Improvement and Leadership.
What you will do:
As a member of the financial services support team, you will be the lifeline for the business offices of school districts throughout the state. In your role, you can expect the following:
- You will grow to be a subject matter expert on the financial systems used by school districts to perform payroll, human resources, budgeting, accounting, and other business-related activities vital to the operations of our schools.
- You will be able to use your technical aptitude and knowledge to help others by providing business office software related support that keep our schools up and running.
- Your day will be productive, as you provide support and engage in interactions to assist with software related application questions; advising on how to utilize these applications to their fullest; troubleshooting issues that may occur; providing helpful solutions; and interfacing with software vendors and key school district business office staff.
Why this is a great job:
You will be a valued team member, working with a close-knit and collaborative team and you will find this position to be a great fit, especially if you enjoy helping others, problem solving and troubleshooting. You will also receive:
- Platinum level, co-pay-based health insurance program; Individual or Family options available and BOCES pays 80% of the premium.
- Extremely generous paid time off, including 14 paid holidays, four weeks of vacation and a separate bank of sick/personal time.
- An opportunity for hybrid remote work.
- Membership in a public, pension-based retirement system.
What you bring to our team:
- College Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field with 3 to 5 years of experience in any business office related functions such as Payroll, HR, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bookkeeping, Budgeting and/or Financial Analysis or related area.
- Passion to help others, great customer service skills and a personal drive for continuous learning and a desire to develop your skills.
- Strong computer literacy with an ability to learn new systems and applications.
- Any experience working in government or school business offices or accounting is ideal but not required.
- Experience with Wincap and/or nVision a definite plus.
Where you can apply:
To apply, simply register in our online application system by clicking the link below. Once you create your profile, be sure to submit your official application to Vacancy Number 2023-47A5. As a public employer, we fall under the jurisdiction of Albany County Civil Service. This terrific opportunity would be a provisional appointment under the title “Program Coordinator I-Financial Services”.
Debi Colwell, Recruitment & Retention Specialist at 518-862-4908 or by email at email@example.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we invite you to view our policy, go to our website at https://www.capitalregionboces.org/employment/