The BOCES Pharmacy Purchasing Coalition enables districts to maintain their current pharmacy plan, governance and autonomy, while leveraging large-scale group purchasing discounts and school-focused contracting that currently encompasses 600,000 lives.
BOCES staff will manage and coordinate the following activities for its self-funded, New York Pharmacy Purchasing Coalition program for districts, trusts, other BOCES and municipalities:
- Interface with eligibility vendors, Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), brokers and other third-party entities, as approved by the plan sponsor (implementation and ongoing);
- Act in an account service capacity during implementation of the program and benefit changes, either directly or with your broker of record;
- Organize and provide periodic educational seminars about pharmacy industry trends, Federal compliance, pharmacy products, cost containment and Medicare options;
- Share performance information through annual reporting;
- Coordinate and review standard vendor information reports, either directly or with your health insurance consultant;
- Provide and coordinate pharmacy plan information as requested at scheduled trust and board meetings.
Currently, more than 43,000 lives and 60 school members are part of the Capital Region BOCES Pharmacy Purchasing Coalition, including several large BOCES health plan trusts.
Pharmacy can be carved out and self-funded regardless of your current medical/pharmacy status.
Contact us for a no-cost, no-obligation pricing comparison to see what you “could have saved” through our program.