Digital document storage through BOCES’ Laserfiche Document Management Service helps districts eliminate file cabinets and paper costs.
Districts can store documents safely and securely for instant and easy accessibility. With Laserfiche document management, district staff can organize, share and retrieve documents using a safe and cost-efficient folder structured database. This service enables faster response to information inquiries and reduces manual date entry time, expenses and errors, which, in turn, greatly helps districts get closer to normal following a disaster or other emergency when records are lost.
This service includes:
- Multiple scanning sizes and scan sources (one side, both sides, flatbed scanner and multiple colors).
- Multiple views of documents such as full-screen, thumbnail view, OCR text view, or the metadata field associated with the document.
- Search engine with multiple search options to easily retrieve scanned documents in a proficient, user-friendly manner.
- Fully automated Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Once a document has been processed through the OCR engine, the user may then search a document by a single word or phrase within a document.
- Protection of digital database from unauthorized users.
- Data stored via NERIC’s secure Data Center, which is backed up every 24 hours and equipped to automatically run battery and generator power in the event of a local electrical failure.