This service offers a flexible range of services, from basic workshops and access to an online searchable database, to editing of grant proposals and start-to-finish grant-writing. Our staff includes grant-writing experts with proven success in writing and obtaining local, state and federal grants for school districts, BOCES, nonprofits and municipalities. grants won by the service have ranged in size from $500 to $19.9 million.
In the last nine years, 86 percent of our clients received more back in grant funding than they invested in the service. That return on investment jumps to 97 percent for districts that have subscribed to the service for two years or more during the same period.
Grant-writing levels available:
Level 1: Knowledge
- Free for all component school districts. Also free for non-component districts and other clients that contract for Level 2 or Level 4 service.
- Weekly e-mail list of grant opportunities sent to unlimited number of staff members in your district.
- Access to searchable online database of grant opportunities targeted to school districts.
- Annual workshop for staff on basic grant-writing, developing ideas for fundable projects or other topics as requested by participating clients. The workshop is held annually in February or March with registration details announced in January. Note: this workshop is open only to districts that are Capital Region BOCES components, or Level 2 or Level 4 Grants Service clients.
Level 2: The Basics
- Grants and Development Service staff meet annually with staff to complete a needs assessment and help clients determine and outline fundable projects/proposals.
- Research and identification of viable grant opportunities (a minimum of three) that would be good matches for priority projects. Additional research can also be conducted throughout the year as priorities change.
- Up to 16 hours of writing, editing or coaching support.
- Assistance with identifying potential collaborations/partnerships.
- Level 2 subscribers receive priority when demand for grant writers is high.
Level 3: Grant-writer (Hourly)
Work can include any of the following:
- Writing complete or partial grant proposals.
- Editing grants written by client staff.
- Support and coaching for client staff members writing grants.
- Assistance identifying and facilitating collaborations/partnerships.
- Follow-up on proposals submitted.
- Customized workshops on grant-writing fundamentals for client staff.
- Clients need not purchase Level 2 to access Level 3 assistance.
Level 4: Grant-writer (Annual)
Annual service options are also available for the work listed under Level 3. These hours are delivered as needed and are available in increments of 150 hours. Level 4 subscribers also receive priority when demand for grant writers is high.