This service offers a flexible range of services, from basic workshops, access to an online searchable database and grants research to editing of grant proposals and start-to-finish grant-writing.
Our staff includes grant-writing experts with proven success in writing and obtaining local, state and federal grants for school districts, BOCES, nonprofits and municipalities. Over the last decade, the Grants Service has won a total of $97 million for our education clients, with awards ranging from $500 to $19.9 million. More than 79% of clients received more back in grant funding than they invested in the service. That return on investment jumps to 97% for clients that have subscribed to the service for two or more years.
Bolstered by this foundation of success, we are now bringing our grants expertise to serve municipalities and nonprofit organizations. Please see the information below for the service levels available to all Capital Region BOCES Grants and Development Service clients.
Service Levels Available
Grants Introduction (Level 2)
- We’ll meet annually with your staff to complete a needs assessment and help clients determine and outline fundable projects/proposals.
- Research and identification of viable grant opportunities (a minimum of three) would be good matches for priority projects. Additional research can also be conducted throughout the year as your priorities change.
- Up to 16 hours of writing, editing or coaching support.
- Assistance with identifying potential collaborations/partnerships.
- Subscribers receive priority when demand for grant writers is high.
Grant-Writing/Research (Hourly Rate/Level 3)
Work can include any of the following:
- Writing complete or partial grant proposals.
- Editing grants written by client staff.
- Support and coaching for client staff members writing grants.
- Assistance in identifying and facilitating collaborations/partnerships.
- Follow-up on proposals submitted.
- Customized workshops on grant-writing fundamentals for client staff.
Note: Clients need not purchase the Grants Introduction (Level 2) service to access this assistance.
Grant-Writing/Research (Annual Rate/Level 4)
Annual service options are also available for the work described under Hourly Grant-Writing/Research (Level 3). These hours are delivered as needed and are available in increments of 150 hours. Subscribers to the Annual Grant-Writing/Research option also receive priority when demand for grant writers is high.