Level: High School (center-based or district-based programs)
Recommended Ratio: High School 12:1:3 and 12:1:4
This program is designed for students:
- with significant cognitive disabilities.
- who demonstrate moderate learning and social emotional needs.
- who may be eligible for the New York State Alternate Assessment (NYSAA) or the CDOS Credential.
- who demonstrate moderate difficulty in self-regulation and behavior management.
- who demonstrate difficulty with daily living skills.
- who have significant difficulty generalizing skills from one setting to another.
- who benefit from recommended related services both in the classroom and in work-based learning opportunities.
- who require explicit instruction in pro-social skills, pre-vocational and vocational skills training.
- who benefit from functional skills training and Explicit Systematic Instruction in Adaptive Daily Living Skills (ADL) and in vocational skills.
Students in this program will experience embedded pre-vocational and work experience in the community.