We want to ensure that your child is able to return to school once school is back in session after the holiday break.
Please note the following requirements issued by New York state regarding travel due to COVID-19:
Any student who travels to another state other than Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts or Vermont for more than 24 hours must:
- Obtain a COVID-19 diagnostic test within (3) days of departure from that state you visited.
- Upon arrival in New York, complete the traveler health form and quarantine for (3) days; and
- On the fourth day, obtain another COVID-19 test.
- If both tests are negative, the student may exit quarantine and return to in-person school.
- If you choose not to test your child, they must quarantine for 10 days upon arrival back in New York state.
Students who travel to another state other than Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts or Vermont for less than 24 hours do not need to obtain a COVID-19 diagnostic test prior to departing the state nor do they need to quarantine for three days, but they must fill out the traveler health form upon entry to New York state and obtain a COVID-19 diagnostic test (4) days after arrival in New York.
Thank you for your help in supporting student attendance in our schools and programs. If you have any questions please contact your child’s principal.