Relevant CTE Program:
The duties of this job include:
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections of finished ceramic products to ensure products meet quality standards as defined in work instructions and associated engineering drawings and process cards.
- Moving, staging product for packing/shipping.
- Send product back to production for re-work.
- Communicate needs or problems in a timely manner.
- Always follow safety procedure and use required personal protective equipment.
- Maintain operational and quality records including time accounting.
- Notify Manager of any defects, out of specification products, or material issues.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- All other tasks as assigned by the manager.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blasch Precision Ceramics, Inc.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Time management
- Technical capabilities
- Basic math skills
- Ability to measure and compare to drawing specificationsWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Physical Demands
- Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands or fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves sitting, walking and lifting various weights up to 50 pounds for long periods of time throughout the day.
Certification Or Education Required:
Required Education and Experience
- High school graduate or GED qualified.
- Desire and willingness to learn, in a predetermined probation period, the minimum skills required to meet and maintain acceptable quality and productivity standards.
- Must possess the ability and desire to work as part of a team taking direction from Leadership, Trainers, Engineering staff or as directed by Management.
- Mechanical aptitude utilizing hand and power tools.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate work instructions and documented Process cards with special instructions.
- Visually able to identify voids, cracks and deformations on all surfaces of parts formed.
- Ability to lift 50lbs. unassisted.
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous ceramic manufacturing experience of (1) or more years OR (2) or more years of continuous employment in a non-assembly line manufacturing environment.
- CAD/SolidWorks drawing interpretation experience
- Strong math skills, comprehension of percentages and decimal points.
- Prior experience with calipers and other measuring tools.
This position offers an attractive compensation and benefit package. Successful candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical examination.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 1st (7:00 am – 3:30 pm). Individuals may work Monday through Friday, 2nd shift (3:00 pm – 11:30 pm) if so desired and agreed upon by the manager. Occasional Saturday/Sunday hours may be required.
Full Time or Part Time: