Training Specialist - Transition (Due to grant funding, appointment to the position will require a Feinerman Waiver)
Educational Support Services - RSE-TASC - 900 Watervliet Shaker Road
To provide training, technical assistance, coaching, and resources on high quality transition planning and services to school personnel and others to improve outcomes for students with disabilities.
A. Master’s degree in special education, vocational rehabilitation, psychology, school psychology, reading or speech and language or Bachelor’s degree in special education, psychology, school psychology, reading or speech and language and a Master’s degree in education;
B. NYS Certification in special education, school psychology, school psychology, speech and language, reading or related area;
C. At least five years of direct teaching or provision of services with, or providing training on, technical assistance relating to transition-age students with disabilities in schools and/or community service agencies.
· Experience providing professional development.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate.
1. The RSE-TASC Transition Specialist provides training, technical assistance and support to school personnel for the purpose of improving student outcomes via the implementation of high quality transition planning and services.
2. The specialist develops and provides regional training, in-district technical assistance for SPP 13 (transition in IEP) reviews and interventions, supports districts/schools identified via regional planning, and facilitates the establishment of interagency communication and collaboration to enhance transition services in the region.
3. The specialist participates in workgroups to develop and revise training modules and resources and works collaboratively with other RSE-TASC training specialists on regional and program-specific professional development projects, as assigned, across 7-BOCES region.
4. Travel within the region and flexibility with regard to daily schedule are expected.
As soon as possible
December 28, 2018 (or until position is filled)
$43,683 – $58,677 based on experience and qualifications.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES
900 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Albany, New York 12205
November 30, 2018