Teacher-Special Education (CVLA) (.80 FTE)
Northeastern Regional Information Center – Virtual Learning Academy–900 Watervliet-Shaker Road
To manage academic, social and emotional needs of children with disabilities in various Special Education programs.
- NYS teaching certification in General Special Education.
- Teaching experience with students who have a variety of disabilities.
- Willingness and ability to embrace new challenges and ideas, and to work as an integral part of a team.
- Assessment, curriculum development (IEP) instruction and evaluation of students with disabilities.
- This teaching position requires deep knowledge of behavior management and trauma informed instruction, as well as literacy, math and instructional skills concomitant to the Common Core Learning Standards.
- Serve as liaison between students, regular educators, CSE and parents.
As soon as possible
September 29, 2023 (or until position is filled)
$52,809 – $69,283 dependent on education and experience as detailed in current contract prorated to amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
September 1, 2023