Northeastern Regional Information Center – Cooperative Virtual Learning Academy (physical location of employee is at the discretion of the teacher in consultation with BOCES)
Provide differentiated, direct instruction synchronously through a supported virtual learning instructional & technology model for Grade 8 Science course.
A. NYS certification in Science 7-12.
B. Experience teaching Science courses in grades 7-8 preferred.
C. Experience teaching in a virtual setting preferred.
1. Curriculum instruction, supervision, and evaluation of students in a virtual learning environment in alignment with New York State Learning Standards.
2. Utilizing appropriate pedagogy and instructional methods to engage students in a virtual setting.
3. Communicating with applicable BOCES and local school district administrators to support students in the virtual learning environment.
4. Working productively and collaboratively with other virtual faculty, administrators, and parents in BOCES-supported virtual learning programs to build professional capacity.
5. Ensuring there is a professional visual environment and suitable bandwidth at the location from where the instruction is delivered.
6. Engage in professional learning sessions throughout the year (Professional development to be offered in advance of the start of instruction). Further professional development and technical support to be provided ongoing throughout the year.
As soon as possible (M-F @ 1 hour/day between 10:30AM-12:30PM)
September 29, 2023 (or until position is filled)
$52,809 – $69,283 dependent on education and experience as detailed in current contract prorated to amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
September 1, 2023