Teacher-Career Education-Manufacturing & Machining Technology
Career & Technical Education - Center for Advanced Technology @ Mohonasen Campus
To instruct high school students in the proper practices and procedures associated with the industry. To teach the skills and techniques that will lead to entry level employment opportunities. Instruct students through classroom and hands-on shop lessons, in addition to supervision of students during field trips, job shadowing and internships with local businesses.
A. Should meet NYS Teaching Certification requirements in Machine Tool Operation/Machine Shop 7-12 or able to meet requirements for a Transitional A certificate. Requirements for the Transitional A certificate are listed on the homepage of the NYS Education Department Teaching Certification http://eservices.nysed.gov/teach/certhelp/CertRequirementHelp.do under “Certification Requirements” in the category of “Career and Technical Teacher – Manufacturing” title.
B. Two (2) years of occupational experience or hold an industry related credential is required.
C. Experience in providing instruction a plus.
D. Candidate will have demonstrated the ability to provide sound instruction, ability to work in a team environment, work collaboratively with staff and administration.
E. Possess good written and verbal skills.
1. Provide instruction from concept to consumer product using the latest technology to compete in a global marketplace.
2. Instruct students in computer-aided design (CAD), engineering drawing and sketching, and a number of computer programs (i.e., computer numerical control operations, computer-aided manufacturing) used in today’s highly technical manufacturing operations.
3. Provide instruction in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, tools and procedures, bench work and layout, metal cutting technology, drilling machines, lathes and milling machines, metallurgy, grinding.
4. To be responsible for developing and evaluating course plans.
5. To develop in each student an awareness and understanding coupled with the skills and knowledge in the industry.
6. Instill in all students safe work habits, the importance of lifelong learning and a work ethic that fosters reliability, competence, dependability and satisfaction with their own work.
September 1, 2021 (anticipated start date)
April 30, 2021 (or until position is filled)
Dependent upon step of current contract prorated to the amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with S.A.V.E. Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205
or email email@example.com
April 2, 2021