Teacher-Career Education-Mechanical Technology (.50 FTE)
Career & Technical Education - Mohonasen Campus
To instruct high school students in the proper practices, procedures and skills associated with the Mechanical Technology industry. To provide entry level skills allowing students to enter the job market or to continue their education at the post-secondary level. To be involved in developing partnership programs with local colleges and universities.
- Should meet New York State Teaching Certification requirements in Mechanical Technology 7-12 or able to meet requirements. Requirements for the Transitional A certificate (Option J) are listed on the homepage of the NYS Education Department Teaching Certification under “Certification Requirements” in the category of “Career and Technical Teacher – Technical Subject Titles.” http://eservices.nysed.gov/teach/certhelp/CertRequirementHelp.do
- One (1) year of occupational experience or hold an industry related credential is required. Prior high school teaching preferred.
- Candidate will have demonstrated the ability to provide sound instruction, ability to work in a team environment, work collaboratively with staff and administration.
- Possess good written and verbal skills.
1. To develop in each pupil, an awareness and understanding coupled with the skills and knowledge in the industry.
2. To be responsible for developing and evaluating course plans.
3. To strive to instill in each pupil safe work habits, the importance of continuation of his/her education and assets of reliability, competence, loyalty and dependability.
September 4, 2019 (anticipated start date)
August 23, 2019
Dependent upon step of current contract prorated to the amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with S.A.V.E. Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES
Albany, NY 12205
August 9, 2019