Teacher-Career Education-Game Design & Implementation
Career & Technical Education - Center for Advanced Technology @ Mohonasen Campus
Instruct high school students in the proper practices and procedures associated with Game Design & Implementation. To teach the skills that will lead to entry level employment opportunities.
A. Should meet New York State Teaching Certification requirements in Computer Technology 7-12 or able to meet requirements for a transitional certificate. Requirements for the Transitional certificate are listed on the homepage of the NYS Education Department Teaching Certification http://eservices.nysed.gov/teach/certhelp/CertRequirementHelp.do under “Certification Requirements” in the category of “Career and Technical Teacher – Information Technology” title.
B. Two (2) years of occupational experience or hold an industry related credential is required.
C. Experience in providing instruction a plus.
D. Candidate will have demonstrated the ability to provide sound instruction, ability to work in a team environment, work collaboratively with staff and administration.
E. Possess good written and verbal skills.
1. Provide instruction for students in the creative worlds of video game design, 3-D modeling, and computer programming.
2. Instruct students the history of games from ancient times to present.
3. Instruct students to create board games, card games, and dice games while learning the fundamentals of game design.
4. Instruct students to create digital games using Game Maker Software, GameSalad, Unity and 3D Max Studio.
5. Instruct students on how to design their own video games as well as create a virtual video game design company.
6. To be responsible for developing and evaluating course plans.
7. To develop in each student an awareness and understanding coupled with the skills and knowledge in the industry.
8. Instill in all students safe work habits, the importance of lifelong learning and a work ethic that fosters reliability, competence, dependability and satisfaction with their own work.
September 1, 2021 (anticipated start date)
April 30, 2021 (or until position is filled)
Dependent upon step of current contract prorated to the amount of services rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint support criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
April 2, 2021