Teacher-Career Education-Certified Nursing Assistant
Career & Technical Education – Schoharie Campus
To instruct high school students in the proper practices, procedures and skills associated with nursing assistant and patient care. To instruct students to meet entry level skills allowing them to enter the job market that pays them a living wage; or to continue their education at the post-secondary level. To be involved in developing partnership programs with local businesses, colleges and universities.
A. Valid NYS Registered Nurse License and CPR certified in BLS
B. Two (2) years experience caring for the elderly and/or chronically ill.
C. Should meet New York State teaching certification requirements for the Transitional A certificate. Requirements for the Transitional A certificate are listed on the homepage of the NYS Education Department Teaching Certification under ‘Certification Requirements’ in the subject area of ‘Health Occupations Titles’ http://eservices.nysed.gov/teach/certhelp/CertRequirementHelp.do
D. The candidate will have demonstrated the ability to provide sound instruction, ability to work in a team environment, work collaboratively with staff and administration.
E. Must possess good written and verbal skills.
Special Requirement: Applicant must have received primary vaccination for COVID19 and required booster, and annual influenza vaccine.
1. The classroom instructor will be responsible to develop in each student an awareness and understanding of the basic skills and knowledge associated with the nursing assistant field.
2. Evaluate student progress and instruct students in theory as per curriculum.
3. The instructor will be responsible for developing and evaluating student progress, instilling safe work habits and stressing the importance of reliability, competence, loyalty, and dependability in clinical areas as well.
4. In addition to classroom, the instructor will be responsible for supervising and evaluating student progress in the clinical areas.
5. The instructor will work within the facilities to provide the clinical portion of the health care program.
2023-24 School Year
April 7, 2023 (or until position is filled)
Dependent on step of current contract prorated to the amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205
or email email@example.com
March 10, 2023