Teacher Aide 1:1 (.50 FTE)
Career & Technical Education - Center for Advanced Technology @ Mohonasen Campus
This title is employed for positions which are created for the main purpose of relieving school teachers of that part of their duties, which while related to the teaching process, can be performed by non-professional personnel. The duties of this class differ from these of School Monitor due to the more complex nature of the assignments that are performed. The duties of School Monitor are generally quite limited in scope whereas those of Teacher Aide often times require specific skills or abilities.
At least graduation from high school or possession of a GED.
1. Reads in a foreign language from prepared scripts for tape recording purposes.
2. Assists in overseeing technical operations of language laboratory equipment.
3. Helps to set up science laboratory equipment, conduct experiments and performs limited review of student laboratory reports.
4. Helps in the technical preparation and production of television programs.
5. Reads to and plays records for children in lower grades.
6. Provides piano, violin or other musical accompaniment.
7. Proctors and otherwise helps to conduct examinations.
8. May assist teachers in the correction of test papers, recording of grades, maintaining files and preparing statistical reports.
9. Good general intelligence; ability to establish good relationships with children and others.
10. Familiarity with classroom routine.
11. Good background or knowledge in specific field where specialized duties are involved.
12. Above average clerical aptitude.
13. Resourcefulness in conducting above described activities indirectly related to teaching process.
14. Neat personal appearance.
15. Ability to maintain discipline.
16. Tact and courtesy.
17. Good judgment.
18. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
September 1, 2020 (anticipated start date) M-F @ 7:30 AM - 10:30 AM
August 28, 2020
Dependent upon step of current contract prorated to the amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
August 14, 2020