Supervisor-Educational Support Services
Educational Support Services - 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road
The incumbent will work collaboratively as part of the ESS team to supervise and develop regional professional development around school improvement, and arts education and enrichment. The Supervisor-ESS will supervise and collaborate to work with school districts to evaluate, promote and support all aspects of student enrichment and achievement in the PreK-12 educational setting. The Supervisor-ESS will report to the Assistant Director of Educational Support Services and will assist to carry out all divisional initiatives as required.
A. Holds a current New York State teaching and/or administrative certificate
B. At least five (5) years of successful, full-time experience as a classroom teacher
C. Documented experience in the area of staff development planning and delivery preferred
D. Specific experience in the area of integration of technology for instruction and arts education preferred.
- Plans, coordinates and provides professional development opportunities for school and community staff both locally and regionally
- Responsible for supervising all aspects of the arts and enrichment programs, including Odyssey of the Mind, Masterminds, professional development and collaboration with districts and arts programs.
- Acts as a BOCES liaison with school districts in all matters related to arts program.
- Plans and develops new services as needed/requested/available, and communicates as changes are made.
- Works with vendors on service contracts.
- Hiring and supervision of staff.
- Assists with budgets.
- Assist with RFP development.
- Supervision of DASA and other mental health initiatives.
- This skill professional works independently and collaboratively with colleagues and does other related work as assigned.
As soon as possible
February 3, 2023 (or until position is filled)
$65,000 – $70,000 prorated to amount of service rendered
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
January 6, 2023