Engagement & Development Services – 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Student Worker (BOCES) works under direct supervision, undertaking a variety of special projects. Projects carried out by persons in this position are part of the regular routine of the department and are of an in-service training nature designed to provide maximum exposure to experience in a designated field. Student Worker (BOCES) positions provide an on-the-job training situation through work-based learning. Supervision is not a responsibility of this position. Work is performed under direct supervision of the department head where assigned. Does related work as required.
A. Current enrollment in a high school course of study; OR,
B. Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma.
Vacancies are filled by certified list provided by Albany County Civil Service. Should no certified list be available, candidates appointed to this position will be serving in a provisional appointment in accordance with New York State Civil Service Law. The candidate must successfully complete a competitive examination and be eligible for appointment in accordance with Civil Service Law and the Civil Service Rules for Albany County to obtain a permanent appointment.
1. Specific duties will vary with each position assignment and according to the department to which assigned.
2. Ability to learn the principles and practices of public administration in an educational setting.
3. Ability to learn about the organization of a BOCES.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
5. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
6. Ability to carry out project assignments of a broadly defined nature.
7. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
As soon as possible
June 16, 2023 (or until positions are filled)
$18.00 per hour
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205
or email email@example.com
May 19, 2023