Stores Clerk (BOCES)
Educational Support Services - British American Blvd
This work involves receiving, storing and issuing food stuffs, materials, supplies and equipment. In addition to the clerical responsibilities in maintaining inventories and clerically processing incoming and outgoing material, these employees must perform manual work in stocking shelves and loading carts. The work is performed under the general supervision of a higher level employee and may involve responsibility for supervising subordinate clerical and laboring class employees in the maintenance and distribution of stores. Does related work as required.
A. Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma.
Vacancies are filled by certified list provided by Albany County Civil Service. Should no certified list be available, candidates appointed to this position will be serving in a provisional appointment in accordance with New York State Civil Service Law. The candidate must successfully complete a competitive examination and be eligible for appointment in accordance with Civil Service Law and the Civil Service Rules for Albany County to obtain a permanent appointment.
1. Receives, checks, inspects and issues a variety of food stuffs, household supplies and materials, office supplies and equipment.
2. Maintains inventory including perpetual inventory of materials and supplies in accordance with program requirements.
3. Keeps records on the use of material and supplies by agency units.
4. Assists in the loading and unloading of trucks, unpacking supplies, and storing of supplies and materials.
5. Assists in the maintaining of records that enable the reordering of stock and supplies.
6. Good knowledge of the methods and practices used in receiving, storing, maintaining and issuing of supplies, materials and equipment.
7. Good knowledge of modern office methods and practices.
8. Ability to make simple arithmetic computations.
9. Ability to get along well with others.
11. Good judgment.
12. Ability to lift heavy materials.
13. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
As soon as possible
February 26, 2021 (or until position is filled)
$28,490 – $30,590 prorated to amount of service rendered
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES, 900 Watervliet-Shaker Road, Albany NY 12205
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
January 29, 2021