Statewide Network Manager (NCRERN)(Feinerman Waiver appointment due to grant funding)
Central Administration - 900 Watervliet Shaker Road
The work involves supporting the goal of the National Center for Rural Education Research Network (NCRERN), which is to make evidence gathering and use of data a natural part of how education agencies conduct their daily work. Incumbent would work to make it easier for network members to pilot and test new ideas and share what they learn by developing, maintaining, and supporting network partner relationships, general network activities, and collaborating with staff across NCRERN and the Center for Education Policy Research (CEPR) to meet key project deadlines. The work is performed under the general administrative supervision of the Executive Director- Statewide Projects with leeway allowed for the use of independent judgment in carrying out the details of the work and objectives of the National Center for Rural Education Research Networks. The incumbent does related work as required.
A. Minimum of an earned Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
B. Holds New York School District Administrative Certification.
C. At least five years of experience NYS Public Schools involving the analysis and execution of data to drive and improve educational practices and outcomes.
D. Possession of valid NYS Driver License.
Working Conditions: Office and school building environments.
Extra hours and interstate travel are required (position requires approximately 40% travel).
1. Work as part of the NCRERN leadership team to support learning and manage change with our network partners, which include up to 20 rural school districts, as well as Regional Information Centers (RICs) and Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES).
2. Manage strategic and complex key relationships with our partners and lead the peer networking and change management components of the Proving Ground model.
3. Work with various senior leadership teams to lead strategic development and management of relationships, as well as develop strategy implementation plans.
4. Serve as primary liaison between NCRERN and partner agency teams to provide technical assistance and facilitate data exchange between NYSED, RICs, BOCES and NCRERN.
5. Develop, manage and facilitate site visits with districts to understand district context, how the NCRERN model is working on the ground, and reasons for implementation successes and challenges.
6. Work with partners to identify emerging issues and develop strategies as appropriate.
7. Identify connections between NCRERN’s work and other state priorities such as the state’s rural strategies, work and projects related to chronic absenteeism, college readiness and college enrollment.
8. Develop reports, presentations, data visualizations and dashboards to clearly communicate project progress for all internal and external partners.
9. Leverage, build and maintain a network of partners that can share information and insights in support of the initiative’s participants to facilitate relationship development, share learnings and encourage cross-site collaborations.
10. Support the planning and logistics of regional meetings and annual convening, including working with project coordinators, research managers and NCRERN directors.
11. Serve as a facilitator for regional meetings and annual convening.
12. Create and manage deliver and content for network specific webinars.
13. Curate and manage the content for the document management system and facilitate online partner discussion.
14. Maintain connection with education sector thought leaders.
15. Develop and adapt tools, resources, and trainings to support change management work, including, but not limited to offerings that: assess the alignment between a district’s issues and their resource allocation, facilitate root cause analyses, guide the creation of district-specific action plans, etc.
16. Facilitate opportunities for participating districts to serve as model districts for other state organizations, including statewide conferences, webinars, and other peer-to-peer networking efforts.
17. Maintain open and clear communication with the NCRERN project director and research team to facilitate effective work.
18. Share insights gathered from partner agencies with NCRERN team to inform and shape various facets of the project: including programming, assessment of impact, and development of content.
19. Create project timelines and time-to-completion.
20. Develop tools and resources to support the change management and continuous improvement processes.
21. Develop and participate in presenting key partnership findings to both internal audiences and partner agencies.
22. Present at national conferences on network findings.
23. Report progress, action plans and findings routinely to Executive Director- Statewide Projects.
24. Does related work and travels as required.
25. Knowledge of school districts, BOCES, and Regional Information Centers.
26. Knowledge of NYSED initiatives, laws, regulations, policies, etc.
27. Knowledge of current NYS educational data ecosystem and familiarity with data ecosystem modernization trends and associated technologies and governance.
28. Knowledge of project management practices.
29. Ability to effectively collaborate with staff across NCRERN, CEPR and other partner organizations.
30. Ability to work cooperatively with senior leadership team members representing departments, school districts, BOCES and other agencies both internal and external.
31. Ability to support and execute coordinated implementation plans.
32. Ability to analyze and interpret data and synthesize and present findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
33. Ability to accurately assess problems and develop solutions.
34. Ability to organize, prepare and present information to the staff and public.
35. Ability to represent the BOCES at local, regional and state functions and events.
36. Ability to manage projects to completion.
37. Understanding of educational trends, research findings and conclusions.
April 20, 2020
April 10, 2020
$50,000 – $70,000 prorated to the amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES
900 Watervliet-Shaker Rd.
Albany, NY 12205
March 13, 2020