Special Education Professional Learning Community & Intake Team Facilitator
Special Education - Various Locations
This title is employed for positions that are created for the main purpose of facilitating the related service professional learning communities and follow-up work, as well as facilitating the intake team for the division. This is part-time averaging 10-20 hours per week.
A. NYS certification as Teacher of the Speech and Hearing Handicapped, Licensed Occupational Therapist, Licensed Physical Therapist or Licensed Social Worker.
B. At least 10 years of school-based therapy experience with students with disabilities of which at least 5 years must include BOCES experience.
C. Knowledge of special education regulation and the continuum of services.
1. Review referral information and disseminate to appropriate region for consideration.
2. Take detailed notes regarding file information.
3. Alert Director about the needs for program development.
4. Draft letters to families and districts regarding the status of the intake file.
5. Create agenda in conjunction with staff for PLC meetings.
6. Draft procedures that are related to the related service field of work.
7. Act as a liaison between the PLC groups and the Director and Principals.
8. Good general intelligence, ability to establish good relationships with children and others.
9. Familiarity with programs that Capital Region BOCES operates.
10. High level of background or knowledge in special education and related service fields where specialized duties are involved.
11. Ability to build and maintain relationships with staff and component district CSE staff.
12. Excellent writing skills.
13. Tact and courtesy.
14. Good judgment.
As soon as possible
April 26, 2019
$425.00 per day
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES
900 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Albany, New York 12205
April 12, 2019