Special Education Coordinator
Central Administration - 900 Watervliet Shaker Road
1. Reports directly to Director of Special Education.
2. Serve as an active member of the special education leadership team and assigned committees.
3. Responsible for the intake process for the special education division.
4. Testing coordination for NYS Exams (3-8 ELA/Mathematics/Science) and NYSAA.
5. Organization of professional development for the division.
6. Itinerant staff supervision.
7. Evaluation of staff (APPR and others).
8. Other duties as assigned.
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university or one accredited by new York State to grant degrees, with a degree in educational leadership or a related field.
B. New York State certification in educational administration required (i.e., School Building Leader or School Administrator/Supervisor).
C. 3 years of experience in either Special Education or administration preferred.
- Serve in support of the special education leadership team.
- Comply with and administer the appropriate laws, regulations, policies and procedures affecting the Special Education Division.
July 1, 2019 (anticipated start date)
May 24, 2019
$65,000 – $72,000 prorated to the amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES
900 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Albany, New York 12205
May 10, 2019