Physical Therapist (.40 FTE)
Special Education – Schenectady City School District
This is a professional position involving responsibility for evaluating, planning and providing physical therapy treatment to residents in accordance with written prescription or referral from a physician who provides medical direction. The Physical Therapist is responsible to the Director. Supervision is exercised over the work of Physical Therapy Assistants. Does related work as required.
A. Licensed and currently registered by the New York State Education Department as a Physical Therapist.
Vacancies are filled by certified list provided by Albany County Civil Service. Should no certified list be available, candidates appointed to this position will be serving in a provisional appointment in accordance with New York State Civil Service Law. The candidate must successfully complete a competitive examination and be eligible for appointment in accordance with Civil Service Law and the Civil Service Rules for Albany County to obtain a permanent appointment.
1. Evaluates the degree of function and disability of residents unless contradicted by a professional judgment or a doctor’s admission notes.
2. Performs physical therapy procedures upon the written order or referral of a licensed physician.
3. Participates with other personnel in the formulation of residents’ total care plans.
4. Develops or assists in the development of physical therapy forms, policies and procedures.
5. Confers periodically with physicians regarding all facets of resident care and related activities.
6. Instructs and participates in the facility in-service education program.
7. Record on residents’ charts all physical therapy evaluations, re-evaluations, progress notes, consultation and discharge summaries.
8. Maintains program records on types of treatment and number of residents treated.
As soon as possible
October 18, 2019
Dependent upon step of current contract prorated to the amount of service rendered.
The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.
Further Information Contact:
Capital Region BOCES
900 Watervliet-Shaker Road
Albany, New York 12205
October 4, 2019